- Senior Instructional Designer - with Supply Chain - Experience - 5 Month Contract
We are looking for an amazing Sr. Instructional Designers for a five month contract position with the potential for longer term engagements for the ideal candidates.
The Sr. Instructional Designer will use learning theory and technical knowledge to create an educational experience for learners that successfully teaches them new information or improves their skill level in a new application. The design and development process includes assessing learner needs and styles, defining learning objectives, creating the learning environment, supporting the implementation of the training, and evaluating the effectiveness of the curriculum. Designers work closely with colleagues, managers and SME’s to determine needs throughout the design process.
- Working with subject matter experts, develop new and existing courses for our clients, particularly for large IT ERP implementations
- Lead the needs analysis, design, development and evaluation of training initiatives in all media
- Using ADDIE framework, create facilitator and participant guides, training data and supporting materials for instructor-led training IT training sessions
- Transform learning content into storyboard format for e-learning
- Manage day-to-day project activities
- Lead project meetings and ensuring key milestones are met
- Maintain the necessary project documentation and records
- Proactively resolve project issues
- Participate in other education projects, as required
- You must be located in the Greater Toronto Area and be prepared to work onsite.
- Experience facilitating webinars for train the trainer sessions would be an asset
- General understanding of the supply chain industry would be an asset
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Instructional Technologies, Education, or related field.
- 5+ years experience developing training for ERP systems
- 7 + years experience leading needs assessments, designing, developing and evaluating learning initiatives based on key adult learning principles
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data and identify patterns during the needs assessment process
- Experience designing learning initiatives in both traditional classroom and distance learning environments
- A Bachelors degree in Education, with a specialization or experience in Adult learning
- The ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to execute requirements of the role in a primarily virtual environment
- Personal effectiveness: working independently with minimal guidance/instruction, remaining flexible and open to change, and professional.
- A high level of proficiency with MS office